7 Findings of Covid-19’s Impact on Housing
Researched By: Rachel Lamore
- Nearly 1/3 of people in the United States can’t afford their needs.
- Covid-19 isn’t affecting everyone equally. In June 2020, Black Americans posted the highest unemployment rate of 15.4%, compared to 14.5% for Latinx, 13.8% for Asians and 10.1% for whites.
- Families are struggling to make rent both fully and on time.
- The number of borrowers who have deferred payments on their home loans have climbed.
- Mortgage lenders continue to tighten their standards.
- Builders of multifamily homes report construction delays.
- The future is uncertain. Follow this link to join Habitat in bringing this to the attention of Congress members. Low-income families and organizations that work hard to serve them need to be prioritized during this pandemic.