Researched by: Emily Zarrilli
Every year → natural disasters, war, and civil unrest displace millions of people from their homes.
Habitat’s Disaster Risk Reduction and Response Program:
- Contains volunteers and donors
- Offers shelter assistance, education, training, and partnerships to those affected
- Provides preventative support and information for disaster-prone areas
- Year round preparation to ensure readiness when disasters strike
Hurricane Katrina Response:
Operation Home Delivery → house frames built around the U.S. and shipped to the Gulf for recovery efforts
- Helped low income and hurricane struck people receive affordable housing
Houses built for specific families → the families needed to put in certain efforts to help rebuild their home
- Mortgage was cycled back into community to build more Habitat homes
Every family needs help to rebuild after an unprecedented disaster strikes. If you’re able, donate here.